Flood mud is worse than regular mud. It’s contaminated and smelly. I didn’t have the opportunity/chore of cleaning up the house and all its muddy contents the day after the flood (having small children really is a complete, full time job). I’m thankful I didn’t go, but at the same time I’m quite sure it’s taken me longer to comprehend what happened there. I’m glad for the photo’s that Lyle took, it’s helped me gain at least some understanding of how disgusting it all was. Our DVD collection was placed in a crate and is sitting downstairs in our new place. I’ve been rummaging through it a little to take out the DVD’s and throw away the cases. Some of the mud is still wet and as I got stuck into it for the first time I just thought ‘ewwwww’. Not teary though. It’s interesting the things that make you cry when you have this experience. Not the mud, it’s just gross.





No comments:
Post a Comment