Our 3 Blessings

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, 6 June 2011

William sits, Emma reads

William sat up by himself for the first time yesterday. He thought it was the greatest thing ever. He was talking away so happily. He fell backwards a couple of times (on pillows!) but didn't seem to mind. He was probably on a 'high' from sitting that he didn't care that he fell! hehe.

Here's the clever boy
I love this photo - "Look!! My toy!"
Our big Emma girl is learning to play nicely by herself at times. I really need that too. I haven't seen my laundry floor in a while, so any time she can give me is really helpful. Obviously she can't yet read, but she will sit and tell a story from whatever she's looking at. It usually starts with "One day . . ." or "Sometimes . . ." This morning I heard her 'reading' a book about Jonah. She was talking about the rain (the storm) and Jonah being in the fish. I love to hear that she's learning truths from God's word, it is so precious.

There's a Spurgeon quote I truly appreciate which reminds me of the intense responsibility it is to raise our children:

"Watch with ceaseless care over those new-born babes who are strong in desires, but strong in nothing else. They have but just crept out of darkness, and their eyes can scarcely bear the light; let us be a shade to them until they grow accustomed to the blaze of gospel day."

I recall a conversation with a friend. They have chosen to not allow their boys to play with toys like guns and knives as they feel it's inappropriate. The dad recalled "someone said to us 'well that's a big over protective isn't it?' " but my response was simply - 'Of course it is. That's our job!' Our children have come to us with their sin and selfish desires, the greatest love we can show them is to share the love of Christ to save them from themselves. It is such a daunting task and I'm glad that even if I fail God can save my children if He chooses. Now, that is a great relief to me.

No comments: