is wonderful. In case you haven't met him, he's really, truly a great guy. Last night at home group we were discussing sundays sermon which was mentioning the roles of husband and wives.
Submission is a hard thing for a wife to do. I must say I do get annoyed when a pastor apologises before preaching on it. It's God's word! Preach it unashamedly - besides if you do it right women won't have anything to be offended over...Aaaaanyway...the fact still remains, because we are fallen, sinful creatures, submission is a challenge. I noticed even this week, Lyle asked me something and I had a bad attitude about it. in actual fact I was merely being unsubmissive to his wisdom - simple proof this week that it is a hard thing to submit.
Back to homegroup. He responded to a question or two about the roles of husbands and wives and I was so encouraged by his humility and wisdom in his speech. I was joyful, because listening to him sharing with other believers I was privileged to think to myself "I get to be married to this guy!" I'm thankful to the Lord for blessing me with my husband. He's pretty wonderful.




No comments:
Post a Comment