Our 3 Blessings

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, 20 July 2012

Great Haircut, Bad Idea


I had a hair appointment today and leading up to it I decided I wanted a change. I even did some research! I didn’t start with google though, I pinterest....ed? it first (or is that “googled on pinterest”?). In my 'medium hair styles' search I saw some beautiful swipey side fringes (bangs) and perfectly styled locks and each picture appealed more as my search progressed. I felt smug as, striving to be wise, gave myself a reality check knowing that these were picture perfect styles, posted on the internet very purposefully, hence, my hair may would not look this way first thing in the morning, second thing in the morning or even at 4pm in the afternoon with an entire can of hair spray. Nevertheless I took some sample pictures along to the hairdressers.
(side note: One was Charlize Theron - I knew her face but had to ask Lyle who it was....and was consequently reminded that I have two small children and am a stay at home mum!)
I don’t know what I was thinking. This stay at home mum wanting a hair change had a great idea that took a wrong turn. As I mentioned, the swipey side fringe was very appealing....but for a mum?! This is my day: I look down at little people . . .a lot. And when I’m not looking down at them I’m looking down at the ironing board, the sink, the vacuum, the broom, dustpan and brush, food, dirty floors, unmade beds . . .I think you get the drift. In fact literally the only thing I look up at is my husband (and occasionally a plane or helicopter my little ones see). A stylish sweeping side fringe and looking down all day a perfect match doth maketh not!!
It’s been 6 hours and it’s bugging me. Of course I’m going to ‘deal with it’ - as I said to Lyle before the cut, worst case scenario is that I don’t like it and it grows out. Two other alternatives is to pin it back and look like I’m trying to be a cutesy 16-year-old or shave it (I shall do neither). I may invest in a hair product company.
It does however, look Great! (Yes that is Great with a capital G)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

And yet no picture...
:(

Liz said...

I know. I see the irony. I just couldn't bring myself to snap my own face to post it. :)