Our 3 Blessings

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, 22 February 2014

Fabulous and Five

Five years ago God deemed it good in His kind will to allow us to meet our darling girl. It is an overwhelming blessing to have children and to be given the responsibility to care for, raise, love, bless, provide and teach our little ones is unspeakable joy. Being a mother is without a doubt one of the absolute greatest things to ever happen to me. I seem to be in a constant state of changing emotions and whether it be joy, fear, frustration or exhaustion I am aware that having children is a great responsibility. I am so thankful that God is faithful to His word and their salvation and wellbeing is in His safe and perfect hands.
It amazes me that despite my feelings of absolute ineptitude my daughter is one of the most amazing little girls who ever lived. Yes, that is a total exaggeration, but this is my blog, so bear with me. [confession: I had to google if that was BEAR or BARE . . .it's bear]
She is compassionate, a faithful friend, funny, beautiful, clever, athletic, musical and most delightfully to us she is growing in her understanding of God.
Clearly I could continue, but I shan't.

I was allowed to stay for the morning in her class, which delighted me no end. It was comforting to watch the teacher interacting with her class and I was happy to see she has them in ship-shape order.

The classroom has a birthday chair. I haven't seen her cross her legs before - Lyle and I laughed at this photo.

I was desperate NOT to have a party and she of course was desperate to have one. Despite the wretched heat wave we have been experiencing the compromise resulted in bought cupcakes [read: extensive mother-guilt] and play in a nearby park after school.


Our dear friend Maddie is at a different school but thankfully still in the vicinity so she was able to join us.


All the little friendies who were able to celebrate with us.
[These photos (possibly due to heat stress on my part) are blurry but some the only ones I have from Emma's 5th birthday - I'm seriously considering changing her birth date to March.]

A big cheer for the birthday girl.

I'm loving this age. Five years is so very short and I am overwhelmed (but so very thankful) at the influence I have on her life. In those moments I can't only trust in God's word that He has all things planned for His glory - even my being a mum to this sweetheart.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love this! And I love reading about your love for your girlie! She is so cute. Happy birthday to Emma! And thanks for your kind comment on my blog. ;)