Our 3 Blessings

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, 10 November 2014

SUBTLE . . .is not his middle name.

Today the darling girl was sick, but being the stellar mother I am it didn't occur to me until we were in the car park at school. Realising how rotten I feel today I asked her "How do you feel?" her response was "Sick." We could have left, but a combination of her show and tell day, it being convenient for me and the beautiful braids I did in her hair (never waste a good hairstyle), kept her there. But I did arrange to pick her up early from class after the boys morning swimming lesson.

Upon arrival after swimming the class were doing ‘rotation activities’ - children arranged in groups of three to four at different play/learning stations around the classroom. Fellow classmates Isaac and Tessa are in Emma's little group and were right near the front door - making for a pleasing inconspicuous exit. The teacher came over to briefly bid farewell to Em. Meanwhile the boy discovered Isaac’s toy car. As is inevitable with my children as soon as one is on track and heeding my voice the other becomes distracto-king or queen, which happened. The teacher realised I was losing and kindly encouraged Will with “Thank you for looking after this car for me, it’s time to go with mummy now”, to which Sir Subtle responded “I wasn’t looking after it for you, I was playing with it!” He then bent down and made the larger-than-average toy car crash with supersonic speed into the classroom front door. We then made our less than conspicuous escape.


An important rule of motherhood I’ve learned is to never to leave my children’s classrooms with my tail between my legs because of their behaviour. For one, teachers work for us so their concern for my child must be while I’m absent; secondly, surely someone else's child will behaviour worse in the same place . . .right?

No comments: