Our Easter long weekend has been awesome. We did....nothing. J Actually we had some awesome sermons from Clint this weekend. We had church on Friday and Sunday. If you go to www.baptistchurchhillcrest.com you can find them on the website. He doesn’t hold back AT ALL and my heart was really encouraged by his faithful teaching of the truth. This is one of the reasons I love Hillcrest Baptist – there’s no milky teaching, it’s all meat!
For lunch on Friday we went to Lyle’s folks house. It’d be great if you could pray for us with witnessing to his family. We so desperately desire for them to know the Lord, but we need great patience with the Lord’s timing. We know that it is only Him who changes hearts and at the moment I’m learning what it looks like to wait on the Lord for the salvation of ones you love. It’s such a big deal. It’s not like waiting for a house , a job or a spouse which are all so trivial in light of eternity. Their hearts are very hardened at the moment, but I know the Lord can do anything.
On Monday we went to the beach with Trevor and Az – they’re a really great couple, Lyle and Trev went to school together. It was the four of us and a whole bunch of people from their church. So we had some new faces to meet, although Lyle seemed to know a few already. The weather was perfect, the water was perfect and it was just a really great day. I even got a little tanned J
Today however, I’ve been mowing the lawn...so I’m completely exhausted. We fired our gardener because it costs too much and we have the time to do it. We were going to do it yesterday but because we had a phone call for the beach I convinced Lyle that I’d be fine to mow it today. But I’m thinking I’ll stick to the weeding and Lyle can do the mowing (our lawn is HUGE by the way, so I’m not just being a wussy girl). The beach day was totally worth it though!
It’s school holidays for the next three weeks. It’s an unusually long break, but I’m looking forward to it. The kids have a few things lined up, so I have some days off.



No comments:
Post a Comment