Last weekend we went away for four days for our birthdays! It was my 30th on the 3rd and Lyle will be 26 on the 12th. We went to Ithala (pronounced ee-taa-lah), a game reserve that is about 5 hours north and inland a little. It was truly awesome to see God’s amazing creation.
Now, game reserves are great…
BUTT…
All the animals seem to want to run away from you! However, we did end up getting some great photos as the days went on. Action shots of animals are difficult when they’re eating and cleaning themselves, but I did my best and these are some “action shots”
an Impala cleaning itself
I was loving the borrowed lens from a mate of Lyle’s too. It was amazing to see some animals just wandering up the road towards you, almost knowing their job was to pose for the tourists!
A little rock dassie
(pronounced dussie - it's an Afrikaans thing)
Kudu
(they make 'biltong'/jerky out of these guys!)
Warthog!! this is the real life Pumba!
Ugly as anything, but still weirdly cute.
When they run their tails stick straight up in the air!
FINALLY on the last day we saw some Rhino,
I was VERY excited!



2 comments:
Very very cool.
That must have been so much fun!! I noticed that everything is just kind of roaming around...were you really that close?
The real life pumba...I feel bad, but I sometimes have to wonder what in the World God was thinking.
Post a Comment