This past weekend we went away to the Draakensberg for our Cornerstone (young adults) retreat. We have a short term missions team (STM) out from Grace Community Church at the moment and they came along to keep things lively. We also had some of the young adults from Joel James' church in Pretoria, and some folk from Hope Valley join us. It was such a blessing to have our little group expanded by some more brothers and sisters who love the Lord.
Trevor Peacock (he was the STM leader and is studying at TMS) gave us some awesome messages. I was really blessed with his talks on Ephesians 6, the warfare we're in and the armour of God. I don't think I've ever heard a sermon on it (well, not since I heard it in Sunday school) and it was really refreshing to be reminded of how well we are equipped by the Lord to live in today's world and fight the enemy at every turn.
myself with Michelle and Jill
We stayed at a Scripture Union campsite called Glenhaven. It was so beautiful, but the temperature went down to -8 (celsius) overnight!!
During our free time we played some 'bonding' games!
most of which seemed to leave us in hysterics
Andrew on the other hand, all 6 feet and 10 inches of him,
proved to be a little more challenging
The farmer on the other side of the river was doing some burning.It was amazing to see the hillside go up in about 2 minutes.
We did some archery
(Lyle and I were better at posing that hitting the targets)
I don't think we discovered any amazing hidden talent, but it was a lot of fun
(you can see the hillside in the background still burning a few hours later)
(you can see the hillside in the background still burning a few hours later)
Some inside games were just plain confusing to me...
(I still don't know how the cards stick on peoples heads...)
Group photo!
The Wallabies were playing the Boks on the saturday... unfortunately we didn't have a TV. we did however find a radio station...but it was in Afrikaans....so my only hints of how we were doing consisted of the boys frowning, the commentators saying the Aussie players names, and the cheer in the background on the broadcast....all I have to say is
"Aussie Aussie Aussie, oi oi oi!!!" :)
(and to say THANK YOU Samma for my wallabies scarf, it went down a treat!!)



1 comment:
YAY! I'm glad the scarf is being well used :)
xo
Post a Comment