Our 3 Blessings

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, 2 July 2008

Home again, home again

We're home again! Our trip to the States was an amazing blessing! We arrived home last wednesday (and yes, it's taken us about this long to recover from jetlag!)

The Resolved conference was amazing. The theme was Heaven and Hell. The Lord was so gracious to change my perspective and help me understand more His sovereign control of His world. I often over the years, have battled with understanding God being loving and kind, yet allowing the existence of Hell. I think in my finite compassion I have created my own justice mentality, and as much as I have accepted that God does send people to Hell, I don't like it. Listening to John Piper one evening at the conference the Lord helped me understand more clearly the reality of Hell echoing God's grace. If there was no reality of Hell, and no understanding of our being so utterly deserving of it, then we would not understand the amazing, overwhelming, indescribable power of His grace in our lives to not let us go to there! He has lovingly chosen me to be a light unto the world and an undeserving object of His mercy and grace. It really is inconceivable, and draws my heart to praise Him for His goodness to me.

We were also blessed to go to Lake Tahoe, to visit Lyle's Aunt and her fiance who live there. I also met Tyler and Kristy, Lyle's cousins. After Tahoe we went back to LA and spent more time with Michael and Rachel who graciously hosted us for our time over there.

Donovan Drew is Kerry's brother (Kerry is at HBC) and he also went to high school with Lyle. He was married on the 22nd of June and we were so thankful to be present! The photo below are all the South Africans (well, minus Kim and myself I suppose...lets say all the HBCers) who were over in the USA for Resolved and this was taken at Don and Heather's wedding. It was such a blessing for Lyle and I - our first wedding after our own. It was special to be reminded of our marriage relationship, and a convicting reminder of where we're failing too!!



All in all we had a fantastic trip and are very thankful for the Lord's provision in allowing us to go. I'll post more pictures up soon (we're having a few little computer issues right now!)

No comments: