Our 3 Blessings

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, 2 April 2011

Our March

Our March was full of fun and blessing. As is every month! God doesn't stop giving to us and we are so thankful for that.

Here are some highlights in no particular order...

I'll start off with a funny story. Lyle and have started reading some OT stories together, and it has been really fun. We take turns reading. I was in the midst of reading some of Jonah and realised I should turf the story books and sit down and read it to Emma straight from God's word! Anyway, as I thought that I started reading as if I were reading to Emma, not Lyle. Jonah 1:14 sounded like this "Nevertheless, the men rooooowed hard to get back to dry land, but they could not, for the sea grew more and MORE TEMPESTUOUS AGAINST THEM! . . ahem, sorry I thought I was reading to Emma"

Lyle: "Ah, yeah. I wondered what you were doing"
It's great having kids.

Our march was filled with general silliness. Emma never ceases to entertain us. We were crying from laughter at the dinner table during the week at something she did or said. We can't remember what it was - both the fact that we cried from laughing and can't remember what it was is possibly an indication of how tired Lyle and I both are at the moment! It was certainly the comic relief we needed though. Maybe Emma did something like this while saying "I'm thinking....hmmm":
more General Silliness (get it?! . . .yeah, I'm still tired)
I can see why people say she looks like Lyle and not me . . .hehe

I endeavoured with great gusto to potty train Emma . . .
However . . .at the end of the week she was back in nappies. I was clueless and she did really well considering she isn't quite ready - (side note: potty training's a really big deal! maybe not for everyone, but it is for me!)
I reckon this is a great shot of Emma's beautiful hair.
The sticker chart has gone underground for a while.
William turned 4 months! He is the happiest. child. EVER.
He cried twice today. That's twice more than a typical day.
You see that little patch of hair sticking up? Well, not only does it stick up all the time, it's blonde. Which is so random as the rest of his hair is brown!
I'm interested to see if it changes or if he has a constant blonde patch as he grows. If people see it in certain lighting it looks like a little bald spot.
seriously people, yes parents are biased, but oh my word! TOO CUTE.
EMMA started the violin (as previously posted)
She really does enjoy it and her favourite song so far (for me to play) is "Moon, Moon".
She can play fast, slow, loud and soft. We're still working on holding it correctly while playing, as you can see, she is still to learn that the 'knee hold' didn't take off for a reason.
Family outing at Lone Pine, we love going there to see all the Aussie wildlife.
Recently Emma came to me and said "look mummy, happy face" and smiled...
then she said "sad face" and did this. I love her so much!
As you can see we had more fun hanging out than looking at animals, I'm pretty sure we did not see one single kangaroo that day - which is a major feature of the sanctuary. Maybe next time.
William is getting stronger and stronger. He weighs just over 6kgs now and is about 2 weeks ahead of Emma (in weight) at the same age.
He's definitely a boy - noisy and loves moving... a lot!
Here he is loving the Jolly Jumper!
He's beautiful.
And that . . . is that.

No comments: