All is well with the Wetherston's.
We have moved into our new house - which is great. The kids are sick - much less great. Random fact: William is allergic to Emma's antibiotic so I feel slightly paranoid whenever I prepare to dose them up multiple times a day!
Our house feels massive in comparison to our little 2 bedroom apartment in DC. It's such a sweet blessing from the Lord. Emma woke this morning in a terrified state to the 'monkeys' disguised as Kookaburra's greeting the morning sun just before 5am (oh summer . . .) and managed to find her way to our bed for a couple of hours. Yesterday it was 3am as she was just plain terrified being yet again in a new environment. I suppose the 5am was more pleasant than the 3am. William is thankfully oblivious but unfortunately his middle ear is in cahoots with Emma, waking him up all through the night on and off.
Aside from the size of our new place I am blessed with it being built all at the same time. A lot of the houses in these areas are Queenslanders (google it, they're beautiful!) built many moons ago and it's near impossible to find one that hasn't been renovated in some way - perhaps something to do with those once fashionable outside toilets?! This house has continuity. I think mentally and emotionally I need that after the past year filled with so much transition.
As of right now we still have bits and pieces to acquire, but we certainly have enough to live. Somehow Emma is the only one without any furniture (she's sleeping on a borrowed mattress) in her room. Golly, now I'm going to start analysing her terrified state of being blaming a lack of secure surroundings in her immediate vicinity . . .(kidding).
I'm sure pictures will make their way up here again soon and I can continue to brag about how darn cute my beautiful children are. Thanks for you prayers friends! The Lord has been answering them.



3 comments:
Hi Liz - so obviously you're back in Oz, Qld to be more specific - where in Qld are you and what are you doing now?
hello :) yes we're back in Brisbane at GBC again. Lyle still has his B theol to finish during the year and will get citizenship in Jan 2013, so we're here till then at least.
Glad you're all home safe and sound. I was waiting to hear. Where is your new house?
Happy birthday to Emma! I love three; it's such a fun age!
Post a Comment