May is a fun month in our household as both Lyle and I have birthdays.
This year was significant as it was Lyle's 30th (he's finally catching up to me, ha!)
I took him away to the sunshine coast, (1.5 hrs north of Brisbane) for a few nights without the children (HUGE shout out to my folks, thank you, thank you, thank you!)
We had a delightful time away, eating out, sleeping in (sleeping all the way through the night too, what a treat!) walking on the beach, looking at cows on the hill without having to say "kids look at the cows! wow...mooooo, can you say mooooo?", and best of all just reconnecting with each other. OH, and having starbucks.
One unfortunate occurrence was completely forgetting the camera! But here's some snaps I was able to get on my phone.
These flowers were scattered along some the hill sides as we drove through Montville and Maleny. They are weeds (of course) but nonetheless delighted us no end. It was a stunning surprise turning a corner on a windy road to see a wall of yellow.
One of the lookouts we enjoyed
(that we would ordinarily ignore on account of having the children in the car)
When we were in New York, Lyle received a starbucks with "Sly" as his name, we figured being in a foreign country that can happen, but now I'm . . .Elise?
The B&B we stayed in was beautiful. It's only been open for 18 months as a B&B and from the guest book, they seem to be doing well. I loved it so much (the fireplace probably sealed the deal) that I want a sitting room in my house just like the one at the B&B!
These are some goodies from the tea tray (that was always refilled despite our best attempts to clean it all out)
One corner of the lounge. It was so cosy!
The Beach! (taken from the "Loo with a view" at Mooloolaba)
Lyle, thank you for spending a few days with me for your 30th birthday. *smile*
I love you. xo





No comments:
Post a Comment