I noticed with Emma at the age of 2 that she went through a stage of saying "SMILE" when we had a camera in her face (which of course was, and still is, frequent).
Well, our next two year old does exactly the same thing. And as a boy he has a shorter attention span than that of a newt.
We were at a playground and I found a lovely angle to grab a few shots with my camera phone.
I attempted to catch a sweet photo of the boy smiling as he was climbing ritualistically on the playground equipment, up the ladder down the other ladder (much like a Tasmanian Devil as it happens...)
Below you can see he is forming an "s" of the word 'smile'
Again, word forming. It looks like an 'o' but with an Aussie accent it is in fact the "i" in 'smile' (pronounced "smoile")
Of course the almost four year old knows exactly how it's done.
I think she was rather envious when she asked me "why are there so many photos of William?" To which I quickly responded "you are so clever that you know how to sit nicely for a photo, but he's still learning...blah blah blah." I think she bought it though.



No comments:
Post a Comment