At kindy, a mother told me her daughter said "Emma's brother is so cute, he thinks he's four, like us". Which is quite true. It was one of Emma's three friends. She tells us about three specific friends who she dearly loves playing with. Will has picked up on this very quickly and when he talks about Emma's kindy days he mentions Maddie, Alex and Timmy. They're a sweet group of friends and I'm so encouraged to see Emma making friends, enjoying them and learning so much. William has launched into kindy as quickly as Emma has and I'm sure he quite believes he truly is four like his sister. Will has a glimpse of kindy at drop-off and pick-up time and totally feels like he belongs there. We're working on leaving kindy 'without fussing'. "Do all things without grumbling and complaining" (Philippians 2:14) has been quoted a LOT lately from my mouth!
{side note: Maddie's uncle is close friends with my brother - Emma's uncle. SMALL world! Her mum and I were so excited to make that connection.}
At home I'm noticing massive changes in Emma. She's growing in maturity and discovering her sense of humour. I sometimes feel a little sorry for her - that I don't respond her to her the way her friends at kindy do. It's a good thing, as my role is very special and I am the only mum she has. But there are moments when, in her silly four-year-old-ness she says something or acts a certain way and her friends aren't around to enjoy it with her. I love seeing it though, it's a little revelation for me of her 'other' world of her growth and development (mainly consisting of cute silliness).
Anyway, thats all basically a super long introduction to this photo! I've been slowly teaching Emma to read, using a reading computer program. She's doing so well. We usually try to do it during Williams afternoon nap so he doesn't get jealous. But on the odd occasion he'll wake up and join us. It's lovely having our two children close together in age, he is absorbing so much from her.
This picture is adorable. Emma is sliding a picture of a spider into an 'S' box and William got right in her face and said "Careful of scary spiders, Emma!? No touch!"
These two are SO adorable, and such blessings to me.




No comments:
Post a Comment