Lyle's birthday was on Mother's Day this year. Every few years it falls on mother's day. I'm not too sad about it because my birthday is on the 3rd so I feel specifically loved within the preceding week which makes it a less bitter blow. It will be nice when the children are older and able to bring us both our morning coffee.
So, being a special day we decided to try for a family photo. If we'd thought of it earlier we would have done it in daylight hours and had a person take it. As it was we remembered just before their evening bath time, propping the camera up on a wheat bag sitting on a chair and Lyle, using the timer and Lyle flying around the chair, picking up Emma and hoping for the best . . .after the first photo, William was determined not to smile until we figured out how to 'gently threaten' as to not produce tears and a red face for our photo.
But here we have it - The Wetherston Family, May 2013
Daddy 31, Mummy 29 (yes, I'm lying joking), Emma 4, William 2.5



No comments:
Post a Comment