Emma did something cute the other day. Well, she does cute things most days but this was particularly sweet. I was sitting at the dining table, we'd finished lunch, then she disappeared for a while. She came to me and said "mummy I have a surprise for you, come with me and close your eyes." So she took me by the hand repeating "close your eyes, keep them closed" and guided me into the living room. When we arrived she said "now open your eyes . . .SURPRISE!! I made this for you, so we can snuggle!" She had taken her pillow and my homemade blanket and placed them on the couch for us. SO STINKIN' CUTE!!! I raved appropriately and then told her I HAD to get "a photo to show daddy" so I actually ran to get a snap for him.
His response was "she knows you well." which is true. She does, and I really love that. As each day passes my heart grows larger for my children, I don't know how it happens, it just does. We snuggled and giggled for a short time and I predictably fell asleep. I woke up to her shoving one of her dolls in my face which in retrospect is funny. Then Will woke and joined us. It was a fun afternoon. My kids rock. Even if it did mean that I'm still behind on my laundry three days later because of my nap I wouldn't exchange her for anything!



No comments:
Post a Comment