We have a lovely, wonderful servant hearted friend, Jill staying with us this month. It has been a BLAST. The kids adore her - she reads and reads and reads to them and I adore her - she washes my dishes. Oh my. WHAT a friend, right?! (actually she's doing them as I type).
Lyle was away this last week and it has been great to have not only another adult around, but such a sweet friend. She has been a faithful example of servanthood and patience and I'm so thankful for that. I've experienced some truly encouraging, timely and convicting conversations with her - all a sweet blessing from God.
With the boy still needing his daily nap we haven't been out and about too much, but we have made it to Lone Pine, South Bank and to JC Slaughter Falls up at Mt Coot-tha. The Mt Coot-tha trip was almost a lovely one - but frankly during the course of the week the children were becoming quite ferrel with Daddy away (combine that with my lazy parenting and it leaves us with a rather unruly pair of Wetherston offspring) so we left pretty rapidly after arriving. Nonetheless it wasn't a complete failure and we (Jill) managed to capture some darling photos of the kids.
At Lone Pine waiting for the Sheep Dog show to start.
Feeding kangaroos (PS We ate kangaroo for dinner the other night)
Yes, he is trying to eat a leaf . . . I'm so proud.
With Jill at Mt Coot-tha. William was hilarious. He was looking away and pouting and at the last minute he flung his head up and smiled. He's so cheeky.
JC Slaughter Falls
Will found a broken stick that he aptly used as a fishing rod and did some fishing! It warmed my heart to see his imagination at work.
The End.




No comments:
Post a Comment