Here they are. The obligatory first day of school photos. God has blessed her with an amazing first day. She loved it. I was completely impressed that she didn't cry and what's more amazing is that she said at dinner tonight "I can't wait for year one again tomorrow!" Something I never heard her say with Prep. I know it may not last but I'm excited that she really likes her teacher, she seems simply lovely.
Daddy was stellar. He moved clients around in the morning just so he could be with her for 15 minutes in the welcome morning for the first day. Both the children were verbally thankful and impressed with him with I told them what he did. I love how God is growing my husband.
In Prep they didn't have assigned desks (or desks at all actually) this year, they have their own today tray, named permanent desk etc. It's exciting. She was colouring in her yellow activity book and said "Now I'm feeling a bit sad" (I think it was shortly after the teacher said it's 5 minutes till parents leave) and so I asked her if she wanted me to pray, as I started I TOTALLY started wanting to ball my eyes out. But thankfully I managed to hold it together! (I cried later in the grocery store - far more appropriate right?)
We're so thankful to send her to this school, for the godly influence around her and her ability to learn!



1 comment:
Oh I love your posts about Emma and Will starting school. I don't think I understood until Shirley was born just why moms get so choked up when their kids go to school. Shirley's only one and I can just imagine! I hope you can enjoy your last month of pregnancy! Can't wait to find out if the baby's a boy or girl. :)
Post a Comment