Children are a blessing from the Lord. I love that in His goodness they are given to us as infants. Could you imagine if all children were given to their parents at the age of three? or five? I know this is true for some parents, for those who adopt and foster children, but generally speaking, we are given children as tiny babies who are particularly precious simply because their small. Jane of course is no exception. Although I will say she is particularly cute despite being small.
At the beginning of the pregnancy with Jane I really wanted a boy. I suppose I always thought it a nice idea to have lots of sons to be proud of, so after Emma was born I thought 'yes, this is just what I wanted, one daughter as the eldest and lots of sons'. Towards the end of the pregnancy however I was thinking how nice it would be to have some pink floating around the house . . .
I love that in God's sovereignty He knows exactly what is best for every family. Our Jane is a sweet gift.



No comments:
Post a Comment