Our 3 Blessings

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, 31 March 2008

Steve

Today….we became parents to a 5 month old African Grey (a parrot) and his name is Steve! He’s beautiful. He’s a bit of an escape artist, we bought him home this afternoon and he jumped off his perch a couple of times and headed for the door! :( But we have now settled him on his perch in the centre of the house so he should be happy there (we hope!!) It's worked out perfectly, I've been wanting to place something in this part of the house, I just didn't know what!
We’re learning to bond. Thankfully he doesn’t bite (hard) he’s tame enough and I’m sure he’ll love us once he gets to know us.
In the mean time we’re furiously hunting the internet for “what to do with African Grey’s”
Isn't he a beauty!
This is me and Steve bonding...he'll let you scratch him...sometimes :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Liz,
It's nice to hear from you again! I've been wondering how you're going. Mick and Charlotte were married in Maleny on the weekend. Everything about the day was spectacular...including my fall down the stairs (commando-roll style) and the array of bruises and bumps I have to remember it all by.

mindy