Our 3 Blessings

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, 30 May 2008

And life goes on...

We don't have too much to report from our little home lately.

This week has finally given us something exciting to share! We went to Johannesburg for 3 days for the Shepherds Conference. It was awesome!! Jerry Wragg and Ken Ramey were speakers, they both went to The Master's Seminary in LA where Lyle is planning to study. It was so encouraging for me to see Lyle's excitement as he heard these men talk. I was able to catch up with my friend Michelle who was an RA for me about 12 years ago when I was at college! It was a sweet time of fellowship with old friends and new and we are so thankful that we had the opportunity to go. As far as Jo'burg goes, I do not understand how anyone lives there! it's SO cold. Like, SO cold. I'm sure it was all of 14 degrees...then the sun went behind the clouds!!

Monday week (the 9th) we're going to be flying to LA to head to Palm Springs for the Resolved conference. We're going to hear Piper, MacArthur, CJ Mahaney, Rick Holland, Steve Lawson and Randy Alcorn (I think that's all). Lyle was telling the foundation kids this evening (the teenagers) that we are going and said "We'll be hearing some of the best preachers in the world, I mean it, the BEST preachers in the world". Needless to say we are very excited.

After June we'll have the short term missions team come over from the USA (Grace Community) and we will go on retreat with them. Then in August we have church camp...
I love retreats and camps. It's so great to get out of the typical routine of our weeks, enjoy round the clock fellowship, hear awesome teaching and be generally encouraged by the renewed sense of God's powerful work in His world. I'm seeing already the blessings of being in ministry. These retreats and camps are a particular highlight of that. :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You sure won't be in the cold soon! Palm Springs is one of the hottest places I have ever been. Can't wait to see you guys! :0)