Three weeks ago Lyle went to Boston and New York with some staff and the interns at CHBC for the week. I was privileged to get out of town with the kids to Pennsylvania to visit some dear friends from long ago! I went to college with Erin in California, then she married an Australian, Rodney, who went to church with my folks while I was at college! It was refreshing for me to be with another mum all day long as well as a nice break from the city. Although I have to confess it did feel almost too rural on occasion. Perhaps DC is making its mark on me! Actually, that’s not half wrong - I remember the day after we returned the word ‘balmy’ came to mind as we walked home from church.
We were in Red Lion, PA. Which is near York (people here still haven’t heard of York, so I learned quickly that “a place 2 hours away in Pennsylvania” was a sufficient description). Emma was very excited to see the Red Lion, so when we told her we had arrived, she looked out the window of the car to see it. Thankfully there is a Red Lion or two in the area, in some front yards and in the town square.
I loved watching her language develop astoundingly while we were with 3 older children all week too. Sadly yesterday I noticed she had reverted back to saying “I want different” instead of “may I have something else to eat?” sigh. She won’t be 2 forever so I strive to enjoy it.
We’re heading back there for Christmas which we are all looking forward to so much. I can highly recommend the Pearce’s as excellent hosts (if ever you’re in the area, hehe)!








1 comment:
I love this last picture of William! Praying about visiting my brothers and sisters in the states next year! I have a blog but I never have to time to write haha.
Post a Comment