Our 3 Blessings

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, 16 March 2015

Lasts and Firsts

Baby #3 will arrive in 2 days! TWO DAYS! Eish. I have been living in a false sense of security thinking that things will be easier in our household when the baby arrives! huh?! yeah, I know. I’m setting myself up for a big crash! That said I do think that there are a couple of attitude issues that might improve in the two big kids. I caught Emma out today in the car - she’s in the middle and the baby capsule is facing her. She was sucking her fingers (which she started doing at 6 weeks after refusing the dummy/pacifier and hasn’t stopped) and I said “You’ll be a bad influence on the baby! It’ll copy you and suck it’s fingers too!” to which she replied “But baby’s are meant to suck their fingers”. Of course it was too easy for me then . . . “so why are you sucking yours??” . . . .coy smile. It was cute.


As we were having lunch today my darling boy just said to me “It’s a mummy William day today!” which it surely is. Sadly though, it hit me - this is our last one ever!! It’s been loads of fun having him at home by himself this year and last. I had that with Emma because he still napped a lot before she was at Kindy and now I’ve had that time with Will. I love that this God ordained age gap between Will and baby is big because I’ll also have opportunity to spend one on one time with baby while it’s young. Won’t it be nice to read “he” or “she” next week? I’m looking forward to my little holiday in the hospital for four nights! Not sure how the house will look upon my return but I know everyone will have food and water while I’m gone so that’s good enough for me. Until then, I’m going to read a book with my little buddy.

(this was us last night striking a pose . . .
can you guess which parent brushed his hair after bath time?)

No comments: