Our 3 Blessings

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, 17 August 2007

Work

So, it’s mid August, and it looks like I have a job! Well, at least a potential job that will lead to a work visa.

I received a call last week on Monday from Winston Park Primary School saying they were desperate for a computer teacher... and of course this has been my lifelong goal so I jumped at the chance!!! Kidding. Kerry (another Cornerstoner) works there in the mornings, shadowing an autistic boy and she gave them my number.

I have discovered that teaching computers can actually be quite fun. In fact, classroom teaching in general isn’t that bad. The kids at this school are quite well behaved so that makes it easier. I went in on Tuesday last week and taught a class or two. The hours in SA for early primary are 7.30am - 12.15pm and I must say it’s quite nice! I’ve gone in again this week and am in the process of figuring out exactly what I need for visa requirements. The school has written a letter saying “we need this teacher, get her a work visa!!” but it’s going to be a matter of time. In the meantime I’m basically volunteering my time from Tuesday – Friday mornings.

There’s a ladies Bible study that I really love on Monday mornings, and Monday is Lyle’s day off, so I figured I’d skip going in on Monday’s to do b’study and hang out with Lyle. It’s also a nice recovery after the weekends which are usually quite hectic.

I am so thankful for the Lord’s provision in a) staving off boredom; b) giving me a potential work visa and c) giving me this without me lifting a finger. Hehe. He spoils me. (What was that mum? EVERYTHING falls into my lap?? Yeah, I know. but I must add that I don't take it for granted, I am very thankful.)

No comments: